Medication Reminders and Supervision
Is your loved one taking a variety of drugs to help stay healthy? Perhaps you are beginning to notice that your mom, spouse, sibling, or friend has more medication left over at the end of the month than they should. You may worry about whether they are taking the right medications at the right times, and in the proper dosage. It’s okay to be concerned.
What it is:
Keeping track of multiple medications can be confusing and troublesome for your loved ones. Having a caregiver by their side to remind them daily to take their medication can eliminate possible complications and consequences. Medication reminders are one of the essential services Choice Home Care provides. As part of our in-home care services, our caregivers are careful to ensure that clients receive the best possible care when it comes to medication management. Simply provide us with a written medication schedule and we’ll make sure your loved one is getting the help they need to take their medications properly.
The Importance of Medication Compliance at Home
“Don’t forget to take your medicines.” This is a common phrase that is used in many households. For some of us, medicines become a part of us, but as we grow older, managing medication can be difficult. Missed or extra doses can lead to complications, hospitalization or re-hospitalization, reduced functional abilities and increased healthcare costs. Medication non-compliance comes in many forms and may put one at risk if they:
- Forget to take medications
- Disregard or misunderstand medication instructions
- Take someone else’s medications
- Fail to refill a prescription
- Stop a prescription early
Choice Home Care medication reminder services can help to prevent these life-threatening mistakes by taking on that responsibility so you can rest assured your parents or loved ones will get their medication. Whenever you can’t be there yourself, our caregivers will ensure that the patient is taking their medication at the right time, remembering appointments as well as carrying out other important tasks or routine activities as needed.
Our medication reminders include the following tasks to help your loved one remain healthy and safe:
- Maintaining and tracking medication schedule
- Reminders to take medications on time and in the proper dosage
- Reporting any side effects to family members and medical personnel
- Picking up prescriptions to ensure needed availability
- Proper medication storage
- Assisting in scheduling medical appointments
Who is Best Suited for Our Medication Reminder Services?
While many seniors can successfully manage their medications on their own, there are those that will significantly benefit from this service and the common signs include:
- Your loved one goes through medication too quickly or has more medication left over at the end of a given period.
- Your loved one cannot remember if or when they took their medication, especially if suffering from Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Your loved one’s health continues to suffer, and certain issues that were under control using medication such as blood pressure are beginning to re-emerge.
- Failure to completely understand dosage instructions.
Choice Home Care Medication Reminder Services in Birmingham, AL
Is your loved one forgetting/ neglecting to take their medication, or is their medication routine becoming even more complicated? Choice Home Care can help. Our highly trained caregivers understand the importance of assisting individuals manage medications, providing them with the medical care that is so essential in maintaining a long and happy life.
Put your mind at ease by letting the Choice Home Care team provide in-home medication reminders for your family members and friends. Your loved one’s health and safety are a top priority to you, and they are just as important to our team. Contact us to learn more about our medication reminder services, and see the difference we can make in your life and the lives of those you care about most.
Why Choose Choice Home Care
Our clients tell us they are thankful for the difference Choice Home Care makes in their life and their loved one’s lives.
Areas We Serve:
- Mountain Brook